OUR TOP 6 LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE FIRST 6 MONTHS OF MARRIAGE
Today, July 7th, we have been officially married for 6 months, woohoo! Marriage is gold, and we advocate for equally yoked ones! :D Our journey has been unique, exciting and hard at times, but we wouldn't have traded it for anything! God is good and his grace and love and peace has been with us through it all.
We thought it would be fun to share OUR TOP 6 LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE FIRST 6 MONTHS OF MARRIAGE. These are things we have figured out along the way, or things we put in practice from marriage counselling that have kept a healthy relationship! Haha... OBVIOUSLY we are not experts, rather babies in the marriage realms, but HEY, keep reading if your are intrigued!
OUR TOP 6 LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE FIRST 6 MONTHS OF MARRIAGE:
1. The only competition there should be, is the one who gives the best massages.... haha but seriously, WE ARE ON THE SAME TEAM, and things shouldn't be competitive. We will only be strong, if we are a strong team. Don't be negative towards each other, build each other up ALWAYS, don't dust anything under the rug & always be HONEST!
2. Your husband/wife cannot READ YOUR MIND, even though you wish they did. Men and women think different... and even though you spend a lot of time together, you need to TELL THEM WHAT YOU ARE THINKING and life gets so much better.
3. Don't be asking your husband a million and one questions when they are focused in busy traffic, writing an important email or paying bills... because you will just end up disappointed. Men are not multi-taskers. Just save yourself from grief, and wait until they are fininished with that important task, THEN steal their attention ;).
4. You are not the only one with NEEDS TO BE MET. Keep a culture of SELFLESS LOVE.
5. There is NOT ONE WAY TO DO SOMETHING. Two minds are always better than one, so TAKE ADVANTAGE of that. Try not to be stubborn and always want things done your way. You might be left surprised! :)
6. Create a happy, loving and peaceful home. Make sure its a place you are excited to be going back to. When your spouse comes home from work/school/etc, first show them love, then talk about your struggles (if any!).
There is probably more lessons, but these were our top six!
We would love to hear the lessons YOU have learned from your marriage. Funny or serious, let us know!
Beijos. Geo & Krissy