5 THINGS I MISSED ABOUT CANADA
Hey guys, how is your week goin'? I got back from Canada last week (for a short and sweet visit), and I thought it would be fun to do a post on the 5 things I missed about Canada (excluding the obvious friends/family, because that comes without saying, no?!). I've been living in Brazil now for about 6 months, so I think this was a perfect time to be able to go back. Most things I've compiled in this list are definitely things I can live without, but I love them for nostalgic reasons!
Here are 5 things I've missed about Canada:
1. TO-GO COFFEE. If you are anything like me, back in Canada I would pick up a grande coffee with one milk before going just about anywhere. In Brazil, a cup of coffee is about a third of the size and you sit down to enjoy it (the coffee does taste way better in Brazil though!). I do like sitting down with my coffee, but sometimes I just want to pick one up for the car as I run errands!
2. SAUNAS. I come from a Finnish heritage, where the norm is to have a sauna in your house, or maybe even two! Since it's been winter in Brazil, I've craved a nice steamy sauna often.
3. SANITY ON THE ROADS. I now laugh when people complain about the drivers back at home.
4. BERRIES! Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries... All the berries in Brazil are really expensive because they are imported. How good is a bowl of oatmeal or greek yogurt with some berries though!!!
5. I'll end with this one. FLUSHING TOILET PAPER DOWN THE TOILET. :)
I now find that since I have two "homes", there is always something I am leaving behind. Have you ever lived outside of your home country? What did/do you miss?!
Até mais, beijos, vai com Deus! (See your later, kisses, go with God)